What is Splash UNC?
Splash UNC is an educational enrichment program which lets intellectually curious high school students take a series of short classes at UNC-Chapel Hill. Classes are taught by Carolina students one Saturday a semester.
How does it work?
Splash students get a taste of college by spending one Saturday on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. High schoolers sign up for up to six classes through our online registration portal. Students have the opportunity to discover new interests in short, fun classes about anything from neuroscience to origami.
How can I help out?
As a volunteer, you play one of the most important roles in the organization. The day of the event is busy and exciting–we will need all the hands we can get. Volunteering for Splash is as much of a commitment as you would like it to be. You do not need to volunteer for the entire day and the commitment is not recurring. Just sign up for your desired time slots and come join us. Teachers are also encouraged to volunteer when they are not teaching.
What will my responsibilities be?
As a volunteer, your job could include:
- Welcoming students and parents to campus and directing them to check-in
- Helping the Splash UNC Administrative Team with the morning check-in process for students
- Facilitating class changes
- Helping teachers with setup
- Cleaning up after walk-in activities and classes
- Leading campus tours
- Directing parents and students between locations
- Answering questions from parents and students
What are the perks of volunteering?
All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and breakfast and lunch during the program. We can also sign any paperwork if you need proof of participation to receive service hours.