Students can be dropped off at the intersection of Lenoir Drive and Raleigh Street. Drivers can navigate to 222 Raleigh Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 to arrive at the drop-off location. There will be a sign with balloons and volunteers welcoming students at the drop-off location. If the student’s release form has already been signed, a parent does not need to accompany their student to check-in.
Students and parents should park in Cobb Parking Deck located at Paul Green Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, Bell Tower Parking Deck located 221 Bell Tower Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, along Stadium Drive, or at Rams Head Parking Deck located at 33 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Volunteers will direct participants from Cobb Parking Deck to the check-in location. Parking at all locations is free except at Ram’s Head Parking Deck, which will cost $1.50/hour.
Check-In Time and Location
Student check-in will begin at 9:00 am in the Great Hall of the Carolina Union. Volunteers will guide students from the drop-off to check-in location. After 10:00 am, student check-in will be moved to Dey 205. If you are arriving to the event late, please check in in Dey 205.
What to Bring
- $20 student fee (required, cash or checks made payable to “Splash UNC” accepted the day of the event)
- $10 for t-shirt (optional)
- Signed release form (required)*
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Comfortable clothing for being both indoors and outdoors
* All students must have the signed release form with them at check-in to be able to participate in the program. The form requires the signatures of a parent or guardian, the student, and any witness that is over the age of 18. Consider retaining a copy for your records.
Program Day Schedule
- 9:00 – 10:00 am | Check-In in the Great Hall of the Carolina Union
- 10:00 – 10:15 am | Check-In move to Dey Hall
- 10:30 – 11:15 am | Class Block #1
- 11:30 am – 12:15 pm | Class Block #2
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm | Class Block #3
- 1:20 – 2:00 pm | Lunch on Polk Place
- 2:15 – 3:00 pm | Class Block #4
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm | Class Block #5
- 4:15 – 5:00 pm | Class Block #6
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm | Dismissal
While students are in their classes, parents and families will have the opportunity to attend Family Programming, where they can learn more about Carolina’s admissions process, participate in a panel discussion with UNC students, and take a campus tour! Family Programming will take place in Carroll Hall Room 111. The schedule is listed below:
- 9:00 am – 10:15 am | Student Check-In
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am | Navigating Carolina and the College Admissions Process
- 11:15 am – noon | Panel Discussion with UNC Students
- Noon – 1:00 pm | Campus Tours
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Independent lunch and free time to explore UNC and Chapel Hill
- 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm | Student Pick-Up
Pick-Up Time and Location
Students can be picked up from the intersection of Lenoir Drive and Raleigh Street. Drivers can navigate to 222 Raleigh Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 to arrive at the pick-up location. Pick-up will begin after the last class ends at 5:00 pm. Parents can also park in Cobb Parking Deck and meet their student on campus for pick-up.
You can view a general map of campus here. An annotated map detailing the student drop-off, check-in, and pick-up location can be found here. Classes will be held in Bingham, Carolina, Gardner, Greenlaw, Dey, Hanes, Murphey, Peabody, and Phillips Halls. Students will get a schedule of their classes with room numbers and a campus map at check-in.
Walk-in activities are classes students can attend in place of a class without signing up in advance. Students can attend walk-in activities if they have an empty class block in their schedule or decide a class they signed up for is no longer for them. A list of walk-in activities and their locations will be given to students at check-in.
Splash UNC offers lunch to all students. Students do not have to bring extra money for lunch; the cost is included in the student fee. If a student has any serious allergies, please fill out this form. You are welcome to bring your own bag lunch if you have a serious allergy. Gluten free lunch will be available for students who have selected the gluten-free lunch option during student registration in front of Murphey Hall.