Students can be dropped off on Raleigh Street by the Splash UNC Student Drop-Off sign. Drivers can navigate to 601 Raleigh Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 to arrive at the drop-off location. There will be a sign with balloons and volunteers welcoming students at the drop-off location. If the student’s release form has already been signed, a parent does not need to accompany their student to check-in.
Students and parents should park in Cobb Parking Deck located on Paul Green Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 or at Rams Head Parking Deck located at 33 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Volunteers will direct participants from Cobb Parking Deck to the check-in location. Parking at all locations is free except at Ram’s Head Parking Deck, which will cost $1.50/hour. There is no parking near the bell tower or on Stadium Drive
Check-In Time and Location
Student check-in will take place in the Student Union in the Art Gallery beginning at 9:00 am. Volunteers will guide students from the drop-off to check-in location. After 10:15 am, student check-in will be moved to Dey 205. If you are arriving to the event late, please check in in Dey 205.
What to Bring
- $20 student fee (required, cash or checks made payable to “Splash UNC” accepted the day of the event)
- $10 for t-shirt (optional)
- f19_studentform (required)*
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Comfortable clothing for being both indoors and outdoors
*NOTE: All students must have the signed release form with them at check-in OR have a parent and guardian sign a printed copy we provide in order to participate in the program. The form requires the signatures of a parent or guardian, the student, and any witness that is over the age of 18. Consider retaining a copy for your records.
Program Day Schedule
- 9:00 – 10:00 am | Check-In in the Art Gallery of the Carolina Union*
- 10:30 – 11:15 am | Class Block #1
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm | Class Block #2
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm | Class Block #3
- 1:20 – 2:00 pm | Lunch on Gift Plaza
- 2:15 – 3:00 pm | Class Block #4
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm | Class Block #5
- 4:15 – 5:00 pm | Class Block #6
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm | Dismissal
*If you plan on checking in after 10:15 am, please report to the Help Desk in Dey Hall, Room 205.
While students are in their classes, parents and families will have the opportunity to attend Family Programming, where they can learn more about Carolina’s admissions process, participate in a panel discussion with UNC students, and take a campus tour! Family Programming will take place in Carroll Hall Room 111. The schedule is listed below:
- 9:00 – 10:15 am | Student Check-In | Union Art Gallery and Lobby
- 10:30 – 11:15 am | Navigating Carolina with UNC Advisors | Union Room 2420
- 11:15 – 12:00 pm | Student Q&A Panel | Union 2420
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm | Campus Tour
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm | Lunch | Pizza from Gift Plaza or on your own
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm | Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid Presentation|Union 2420
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm | Free time
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm | Student Pick-Up, intersection of Raleigh Street and Lenoir Drive
Pick-Up Time and Location
Students can be picked up on Raleigh Street by the Splash UNC Student Pick-Up sign. Drivers can navigate to 601 Raleigh Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 to arrive at the pick-up location. Pick-up will begin after the last class ends at 5:00 pm. Parents can also park in Cobb Parking Deck and meet their student on campus for pick-up.
You can view a general map of campus here. Classes will be held in Bingham, Carolina, Gardner, Greenlaw, Dey, Hanes, Murphey, Peabody, and Phillips Halls. Students will get a schedule of their classes with room numbers and a campus map at check-in.
Walk-in activities are classes students can attend in place of a class without signing up in advance. Students can attend walk-in activities if they have an empty class block in their schedule or decide a class they signed up for is no longer for them. A list of walk-in activities and their locations will be given to students at check-in.
Splash UNC offers lunch to all students. Students do not have to bring extra money for lunch; the cost is included in the student fee. You are welcome to bring your own bag lunch if you have a serious allergy. Gluten free lunch will be available for select students.